12/30/2009

Review of Norelco 6885XL Deluxe Quadra Action Cord/Cordless Rechargeable Men's Shaver

First, a little background.I've switched between Norelco electric razors and blades over the years, never quite satisfied with the shave I was getting.Norelco has always said "shaves as close as a blade or your money back".I've never found this to be true, but the razors were good enough that I didn't return them.Most recently I used the Gilette Mach 3 razor which does a very good job.

Now here's why I give the 6885XL (6886XL is apparently the same model, sold at Costco and other warehouse stores) 5 stars:

- Closest shave yet.This is the first electric razor I've used that shaves as close as a blade (including the Mach 3).In fact, it shaves closer than a blade under my jaw and around my adam's apple.I can't shave against the grain with a blade in those areas or my skin breaks out (and that's the only way to get the closest shave.)With the 6885XL I don't have this problem and I get a really close shave.

- It's quiet.Previous electric razors were so noisy I had to shave in another bathroom so I wouldn't wake my wife.Not so with this one.

- Easy to clean.Open the top and run hot water through it.No more brushes (except for periodic maintenance).An indicator will tell you when it's time to clean.

Other features:

- Charge remaining (in minutes) display.This isn't particularly useful to me, but it seems reasonable accurate.

- It comes with a stand that holds the razor upright on the counter or basin.Much neater than the razor just laying around or stuffed in a cabinet.

- Hard carrying case, for travel.

- Automatically adjusts to different voltages.

My wife about had a heart attack when I bought it.However, it gives me the best shave ever (electric or blades).



Click Here to see more reviews about: Norelco 6885XL Deluxe Quadra Action Cord/Cordless Rechargeable Men's Shaver

No comments:

Post a Comment