12/18/2009

Review of Remington MS3-2700 Microscreen3 Titanium Ultra Shaver (factory refurbished)

I was replacing an old Remington DA-407, which I have used for about 15 years, but which is no longer made. I liked the Remington dual blade/dual screen implementation, but found that most of the newer models now have 3 blades and 3 screens. OK, time for me to move up to the triple class. I didn't want to spend a lot, and some of the newest models were selling for $80 or more. I'd spend that if I had to, but wanted to spend closer to $50. I required a model that would work with a discharged battery, using the cord or with a charged battery, without the cord. I found the MSC-2700, which appeared to have all the bells and whistles, but was maybe one generation older than the newest. It has metal sides and not what appears to be a rubber coating on the newest models.

Now that I have shaved with it for about a month, I can report that I am happy. My unit is not noisy, as some reviews had mentioned. The also mentioned issue of capturing cut whiskers among the foils and allowing them to fall out when the shaver is tipped I find to be not a problem, but an advantage. A lot less whisker and dust get trapped inside and has to be brushed out. I get about 7-8 shaves between recharges. The shaver allows you to clean it by running the cutters under a faucet, but I find that drying the unit afterward is difficult. The brush does the job just fine.

All in all, I'm very happy. Thinking about buying a second one and putting it away for later use.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Remington MS3-2700 Microscreen3 Titanium Ultra Shaver (factory refurbished)

No comments:

Post a Comment